Adverse event reporting in all its forms
Your national pharmacovigilance system is only as strong as your data. Our digital reporting forms make it easier for patients and health workers to give you the information you need.
When a medicine or vaccine becomes widely used in a population there is always a risk of unwanted side effects, which is why it is so important for health workers and the public to report any problems they notice. But getting the data you want, how you want it, where you want it, isn’t as simple as it sounds.
Paper forms can be difficult to process for all sorts of reasons. They may be hard to read, incomplete, or include the wrong information. They can also get lost or be misplaced. Digital reporting systems make reporting easier and more efficient, but they can also be costly to develop or maintain. Not all of them work offline either, which can be a problem in places with weak internet.
VigiFlow eForms is an add-on module to VigiFlow that helps you collect the right data first time and process it faster. It boosts the quality of information you receive from patients and health workers on suspected side effects to medicines and vaccines.
Depending on your needs, you can either use the WHO standard reporting forms for adverse drug reactions and adverse events following immunisation (VigiMobile or VigiMobile for AEFI) or VigiFlow community standardised forms.
- VigiFlow eForms is a free-of-charge add-on to VigiFlow.
- Forms can be installed directly from any browser on any device and on any operating system. Each form has its own URL, which you can distribute via a direct link, button on your website, or QR code. They appear on screen as a separate icon when they are downloaded.
- Forms can be made available in your own language and customised with your logo and colour scheme on request.
- Patients and health workers can fill out forms even when they are not connected to the internet.
- Digital forms simplify ADR and AEFI reporting, giving you more control over the information you get in by making it easier for reporters to give you that information.
- Cleaner, better quality data means you can get to work faster.
- VigiFlow eForms can easily be configured to route reports to suborganisations, improving your workflows.
The forms can be made freely available to patients and health workers via an app or website for whatever device or browser they prefer. What’s more, reporters can complete forms with or without internet access before sending them to VigiFlow.
Forms can be customised with your logo and colour scheme, so they are instantly recognisable as coming from you. You can also choose what languages you want forms to be in to increase your reach.
VigiFlow eForms is included free of charge with VigiFlow. Depending on your national surveillance system setup, you can configure workflows to automatically route reports to regional or district authorities, streamlining your workload distribution. With just one click, authorised users can easily share reports with VigiBase, WHO's global database of adverse event reports.